Business Development Representative
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by rapidly. With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We’re looking for a Boston-based Business Development Representative (BDR) to support our nationwide Sales team with a competitive, self-driven attitude and creative, analytical mindset. Over the past three years, we have built a consistent and reliable sales model to rapidly expand across the country. Under the guidance of a Business Development Manager, the BDR will join a small and growing Business Development team to continue expanding Bevi’s presence.
This is an entry-level role -- we are looking for candidates with a fresh perspective and a great deal of interest in developing their sales skills. Please submit a cover letter if you are interested in this role.
What you will do:
- Learn to use digital age sales-enhancement software tools such as Salesforce, Linkedin, and email automation tools such as Apollo/Outreach.io.
- Develop your sales abilities by generating outbound activity (new verticals/email campaigns/account penetration) to uncover new opportunities for our Territory Sales Managers. This includes sending emails, making phone calls, and other methods of communication.
- Demonstrate professional collaboration with an outside sales team to deliver a steady funnel of business opportunities.
- Gain hands-on experience in communication, sales, business development, and market knowledge.
- Take your job seriously, but not yourself.
How you will grow:
- Engage with a talented sales and operations team drawn from diverse sectors.
- Learn about the purchasing processes of different types of organizations.
- Develop value-selling skills applicable to all B2B account management roles.
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change.
- Prior professional or extracurricular experience in sales, email marketing, fundraising, working on a campaign, or business administration a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Analytical abilities
- Eagerness to learn and adapt
- Proactive, can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership
- Passion for our mission to eliminate plastic bottles and cans
- A 4-years Bachelor's Degree or 2-years Associate's Degree from an accredited university or college
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of both commission and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevi on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!