Senior Program Manager
Bevi’s mission is to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within six years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 100 million plastic bottles and continues to grow at a rapid pace. With offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco and over $60m in total investment, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
Bevi is looking for a Senior Program Manager to guide the most important product development effort in the company’s history and drive our programs with a new level of professionalism. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, the Senior Program Manager will be a creative problem solver that works with cross functional teams from ideation to launch of our latest and greatest innovations. They will provide structure to the development efforts, transparency across the organization and act as a proxy for leadership during the day to day execution of a program.
As a Senior Program Manager at Bevi, you will:
- Drive a program to be on-time, on-spec and on-budget.
- Take high-level product goals and develop a cohesive plan and timeline to achieve them, making sure deliverables and budget are allocated responsibly
- Create and manage program schedules that contain key deliverables and milestones to ensure project leaders are properly aligned
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in HW development, SW development, flavors and operations to organize programs
- Document decisions made and track major tasks until completion
- Develop and maintain comprehensive program budgets and product COGS estimates
- Oversee test plan development (owned by engineering and quality teams)
- Work closely with our operations team and our CM partner to ensure a smooth transition from design to manufacturing
- Deliver exceptional results against product team goals and clearly communicate to the broader management team
- Be a thought partner to all groups – leverage creativity to deliver innovative ideas and solutions
- Manage risks so development resources are focused on the most important aspects of the program at all times
- Facilitate cross-functional trade-off discussions and decision making
- Analyze program risks and communicate risks to key stakeholders
- Evaluate program scope to ensure no elements fall between the cracks
- Facilitate communications across the business
- Lead and direct program meetings, sending recaps after every meeting, keeping meetings efficient and productive
- Collect and communicate action items, problems and blockers from program teams and resolve disagreements by fostering open communication
- Coordinate between departments to identify interdependencies within projects at all stages of program lifecycle
- Ensure that post-launch product changes are executed
- Manage handoff to a sustaining team 3-6 months after release
- Do whatever it takes to ensure team success – remove roadblocks and wear many hats
- Manage key program documents so that all stakeholders have clear and easy access to critical information regarding programs
- Look for opportunities to make teams and systems more efficient
- Identify gaps in resourcing and recommend plans to close
We think you will bring:
- 10+ years of work experience (4+ as a program manager)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (ME, EE, or CS preferred) and strong technical intuition across multiple engineering disciplines
- A track record of successfully launching hardware products in a technical program management or project management function, preferably within a rapidly growing startup.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse, interdisciplinary team of stakeholders
- A bias towards action and ability to drive critical decisions to resolution
- Organizational skills and a keen sense of prioritization
- PMP certification is a plus
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!